Apostille for Divorce Certificates or Divorce Decrees
In order for your Divorce Certificate or Divorce Decree to be accepted and legalized for use in a foreign country, the document must be authenticated or certified by a public official.
Apostille Documents offers a comprehensive Apostille and authentication service with convenient online ordering and document return via FedEx, saving you time and ensuring peace of mind that your document will arrive quickly and safely. Apostille Documents will process your Divorce Certificate or Decree with the utmost care. We understand the details and the potential challenges involved in the process and will ensure your document is properly legalized. Before you present us with your Divorce Certificate or Divorce Decree, there are some steps you can take to make sure the process is as smooth as possible:
Easy Steps to Order a California Divorce Certificate or Decree Apostille
1. Vital Record Check list: (birth, death, marriage, divorce certificates or Superior Court documents)
Please make sure of the following:
- The document was issued in one of the 58 counties in California
- The document was issued within the last 5 years
The document is a "certified" copy issued by the court clerk and has the signature of the court clerk with the stamp and seal of the state of California .
please note the divorce decree originally mailed from the court is not a certified.
If your marriage license was issued before a certain date, the title could differ from those listed above. If this is the case, please call our office.
Note: It is advised that you present the original, court-issued and certified document. If you are presenting a copy of the document, you will need to sign a California Copy Certification by Document Custodian form in the presence of a Notary Public.
2. Find Out if the Destination Country is a Member of the Hague Convention (Click Here). If the country to whom you are presenting your document is a member of the Hague Convention, you will need an Apostille authentication. If not, your document may need Embassy Legalization. In this case, please give us a call.
3. Go to Purchase Options and follow instructions